After BBA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not

Go down 
+4
Maria Doloresta-Daniels
Dianna Doloresta
Elise Monticelli
Armelle Champney
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Armelle Champney
Main Character
Former Terre
Armelle Champney

Total Posts : 50

Character
Job: Potioneer
Blood: Pure blood

Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not Empty
PostSubject: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 5:49 pm

Armelle had left her friend Cassie out with the rest of the guests, hopefully she would be able to save her seat and not get into any trouble. She felt a little jumpy leaving the foreign girl around so many people that she didn't know but Armelle really wanted to see how the bride was holding up and to see if she needed any help.

"Maria darling? Are you in here?" the redhead called out. She nervously smoothed out an invisible wrinkle on her dress. Brides were known to be very emotional on their wedding day, who knew what Armelle was walking into.
Back to top Go down
Elise Monticelli
Guest Character
Elise Monticelli

Total Posts : 42

Character
Job: Violin Student

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 6:18 pm

Elise looked out of the window to see if the guests have arrived. Seeing no sign of a certain individual, she didn't know whether to breathe a sigh of relief or frown in irritation. Elise didn't like the feeling that Helene's impending presence was giving her--, what was it, jealousy?-- especially now that she's ought to be feeling really happy for Maria.

A voice called out for Maria, so Elise went to answer. She smiled brightly at the redheaded woman whom she recognized as Armelle, a friend of the bride and groom. Elise felt at least comfortable with her; she thought Armelle was a very lively person.

"Hello, come in," Elise said to Armelle. "Maria's in there," she pointed to a door leading to a smaller room where all the bride's things.. and the bride, of course, were in.
Back to top Go down
Dianna Doloresta
Guest Character
Dianna Doloresta

Total Posts : 40

Character
Job: Wizarding Therapist
Blood: Half blood

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:24 pm

Humming an old English ballad beneath her breath, the blonde witch had shooed all the other women out of the room (including Aunt Cécile) remembering how the flightiness of her own bridesmaids had only sought to increase her nervousness.

"Hold still now." A futile remark, yet one uttered nonetheless, just in case. Maria could pass off as a figure encased in marble, so stiff was she. Dianna poked and twisted the bride’s dark curls, pinning here, weaving there before she stopped, feeling something amiss with the growing silence in the room.

She tilted her head to look at Maria’s unnaturally sombre face, “It’s your wedding, love, not a funeral.” The woman reminded kindly.

“Breathe.”
Back to top Go down
Maria Doloresta-Daniels
Main Character
Former Eau
Maria Doloresta-Daniels

Total Posts : 89

Character
Job: Tutor/Law Student

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:48 pm

“I am.” Her lips barely moved as Maria’s amethyst eyes, unusually darker that moment hinting at the strain she was under, stared blankly at the table of various cosmetics before her. Still wrapped in her pale blue dressing gown, she had only finished getting her make-up done before Dianna had rushed in and as if able to read her mind, had ordered everybody out and even taken up the daunting task of doing the witch’s hair herself.

For a moment they stood (or in Maria’s case, sat) in silence before she hesitantly spoke again,

“I don’t think I can do this.”
Back to top Go down
Dianna Doloresta
Guest Character
Dianna Doloresta

Character

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:48 pm

Dianna knew that once the bride was ready to talk, she would do so. Her patience was great, her love to help greater, which made her apt for her occupation as a wizarding therapist. Or in Nicholas’ words: a shrink.

Hiding a smile at Maria’s hesitated confession, she prompted the woman, “Can’t do what, love?”
Back to top Go down
Maria Doloresta-Daniels
Main Character
Former Eau
Maria Doloresta-Daniels

Character

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:49 pm

“Marry—” the words got caught in her throat, and the brunette had to clear it twice before she could finish her weak sentence, “Marry Jacob.”

“I mean, look at me!” she gestured wildly to herself, “I can’t make him happy! I can’t be his wife— I can’t be a wife! I’m not- I don’t know the first place to start; I don’t know anything about married life!”

Maria grasped her best friend’s hands tightly in her own, “You have to call it off, the wedding. Everything. Tell them I’m sorry, tell them I’m running away to England, tell them I have a deadly contagious form of cancer— tell them anything.”
Back to top Go down
Dianna Doloresta
Guest Character
Dianna Doloresta

Character

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 7:49 pm

If the situation wasn’t quite so serious, Dianna would have laughed. It was hard enough to keep the placid mask upon her face when all she wanted to do was giggle at the hysterics the usually calm and assured Maria was going through.

“Cancer isn’t contagious.” She pointed out helpfully with a smile and a small laugh, as Maria’s face fell and her mind worked to think of another excuse.

The witch tucked a loose tendril of hair behind Maria’s ear, “And not making Jacob happy? What nonsense Maria! If he wasn’t happy with you he wouldn’t be getting dressed for his wedding to you at this very moment.”
Back to top Go down
Maria Doloresta-Daniels
Main Character
Former Eau
Maria Doloresta-Daniels

Character

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:04 pm

Feeling dizzy, Maria tightened her grasp on her friend’s hand, “What if he’s not the one?” she whispered, the confession oddly light despite having weighed so heavily on her heart.

“What if I’m making a mistake? What if he’s not the man I can spend my entire life with?”

A lump settled in her throat, “What if he grows tired of me? What if after we’re married he discovers that I’m not the one for him?” Tears sprang to her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Dianna Doloresta
Guest Character
Dianna Doloresta

Character

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:04 pm

Slightly alarmed now by the level of her hysterics, Dianna cupped her face, and stroked her cheeks, making tsking noises at the tears which if not taken care of would ruin the girl’s makeup.

“Maria, listen to yourself,” she entreated the brunette and smiled kindly at her, “You’re getting cold feet!”

She grasped her friend’s hands and held them firmly, “Now listen to me. It’s going to be okay. These are just pre-wedding nerves. Everybody gets them.”

Dianna gave a small smile, “You can’t see what’s going to happen ten, twenty years from now. But that’s not what you should be worrying about.”

She squeezed her hands, “Jacob loves you. And you— despite the fact that you’d jump out the window than admit now— love him too.”

Dianna stroked Maria’s tear stained cheek, “You worried about the same things that night when you made the decision to leave England— do you remember?” she gave a light laugh,

“You didn’t leave because you weren’t happy there. You left because you knew you would be happier back home, with Jacob.”
Back to top Go down
Maria Doloresta-Daniels
Main Character
Former Eau
Maria Doloresta-Daniels

Character

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:08 pm

Her words stirred the blush in Maria’s cheeks, “Oh Di…”

She looked away, feeling embarrassed for her hysteria. And over what? Jacob. He would be amazed to see her now, going frantic with worry. And Julian? Why, he wouldn’t be able to stand, so consumed with laughter.
Back to top Go down
Dianna Doloresta
Guest Character
Dianna Doloresta

Character

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:11 pm

Satisfied that her charge was feeling somewhat calmer, Dianna clapped her hands and hauled Maria to her feet, “Now let’s get you dressed.” She said briskly, leaving no room for apologies or sappy moments, knowing that her friend hated those more than anything.

With a flourish, she flung open the doors of the wardrobe where Maria’s wedding hung— pristine and white in its plastic sheath. Dianna smiled over her shoulder,

“We wouldn’t want to keep Jacob waiting.”
Back to top Go down
Maria Doloresta-Daniels
Main Character
Former Eau
Maria Doloresta-Daniels

Character

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 8:16 pm

It wasn’t long before Maria was dressed. She fingered the smooth material, awed by the reflection staring back at her from the mirror. Behind her, Dianna was sorting out the laces, and the veil.

In the main room, the brunette could hear the soft murmur of voices, footsteps, and a voice calling out, “Maria darling, are you in here?”

“I am!” The witch called out, feeling more heartened than she had a mere ten minutes ago and she whispered to Dianna, “You can let them in, Di. I think— I don’t feel quite so jittery anymore.”
Back to top Go down
Armelle Champney
Main Character
Former Terre
Armelle Champney

Character

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 9:03 pm

"Hello, come in, Maria's in there,"

"Hey there," Armelle greeted a woman she didn't quiet recognize. Maybe she should know her from pictures, but a name just wasn't coming to her. Armelle didn't worry about it though because soon a voice from the room the woman had pointed to could be heard.

I am.

Maria looked so beautiful. Normally, if an ex girlfriend of the groom was in the bride's dressing room it had to do with jealously and anger, but not for Armelle. The former Terre couldn't be happier for the girl that was before her. "Maria, you look so beautiful! I can't wait to see how happy Jake looks when he sees you."
Back to top Go down
Veronique Boulet
Main Character
Former Terre
Veronique Boulet

Total Posts : 31

Character
Job: Healer Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:01 am

Veronique stepped up to small door where she suspected that the beautiful bride was being held. Finally, the day was here. The image that Veronique had seen through Jacob's head many yeas ago was coming true for him. She could feel the buzz in the air. She wore a dress that hugged her in all the right places, her long dark brown hair was down and nicely wavy, a little more than usual thanks to magic. She was also wearing lovely chandalier earrings that she found in her late mother's jewlery box and a pair of silver strappy stillettos, magically cushioned of course.

She raised her hand to knock on the door softly. It was silly now to even think that Maria and her hated each other, especially over a boy. Veronique was so sure Maria would be an absoulte show stopper, more than usual that is. She opened the door a little and said, "Maria, it's me Veronique. May I please come in?"
Back to top Go down
Dianna Doloresta
Guest Character
Dianna Doloresta

Character

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:17 am

Dianna rose to her feet, smoothening out the creases out in her own dress and tossing a satisfied glance in Maria's direction.

"Of course. I'm glad you're feeling better," she winked, "Our little secret."

Her hands squeezed Maria's briefly before moving towards the door- not that she needed to. Elise had already allowed them in.

"Veronique- or Armelle?" Dianna enquired, after leaning in to kiss the red-head woman on the cheek as customary of the French. Something that to this day, the witch sometimes hesitated a second before remembering.

Maria, it's me Veronique. May I please come in?

"Please, do! Everybody's dressed." The blonde woman called back. Smiling, she moved to the outer room,

"I had probably see where that Liyya has gone off to." Dianna gave a shake of her head, more amused than exasperated.
Back to top Go down
Veronique Boulet
Main Character
Former Terre
Veronique Boulet

Total Posts : 31

Character
Job: Healer Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 1:26 am

Please, do! Everybody's dressed.

The former Terre took a couple of steps into the bride's room closing the door softly behind her. Then, really looking at Maria her mouth dropped for a moment. Then gathering herself she could feel her jade green eyes tear up slightly.

"Maria...Wow! You look... I can't even put words to it."

Stepping to the lady that she remembered as Dianna, Maria's cousin's wife, she gave the customary kiss on the cheek to greet her. Hugging her best friend Armelle, with whom she saw a few days ago.

"I'll ask you later how apartment hunting went."

Taking a couple more steps towards the bride she put her hand on Maria's shoulder, smiled, and said, "I'll be surprised if Jacob doesn't fall over when he sees you."
Back to top Go down
Maria Doloresta-Daniels
Main Character
Former Eau
Maria Doloresta-Daniels

Character

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:03 am

Blushing prettily at the exclaimed remarks, Maria pushed her skirts aside and hopped down from the stool Dianna had insisted she stand upon less she wrinkle the delicate material.

"I'm so glad you came." She whispered, embracing her former classmates in turn before pulling away and surveying them.

"You look pretty good yourself!" Maria laughed, admiring Armelle's shoes and Veronique's hair, "You'll have to show me where you got those shoes, cherie, they're gorgeous!"

The brunette nodded, pushing the curling tedrils of hair out of her face. Dianna had requested things for the custom of 'something old, something new, borrowed, something blue' and Liyya had volunteered to fetch them. That was more than fifteen minutes ago.
Back to top Go down
Aliyya Amir
Guest Character
Former Eau
Aliyya Amir

Total Posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:43 am

Panting in quite an unladylike manner, Aliyya dodged the house-elves and sprinted up the staircase to the second landing where Maria had occupied the east wing. Clutched in her hand were the findings of the mission that Dianna had sent her on.

Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue. What strange customs these westerners had!

Nearly tripping on the last stair— honestly, these steps just popped out of no where! — Liyya burst into the outer room where the rest of the bridesmaids had been loitering.

“Di, I’ve got it!”

She brandished the lilac handkerchief in her hand, edged with white lace that she had only just found in her clutch. After poking around, the old woman of the manor— Madame Ophélie— had assured the Arab girl not to worry about ‘something old’. So that only left something new and something blue.

“Di, I’ve found the…” Liyya poked her head through the door, a puzzled look on her face, “Where’s Dianna?” she addressed the women when loud squeal erupted from her as caught sight of Maria.

“Maria, you look gorgeous!” Aliyya gushed, stroking the silky fabric in awe.

“It’s— Jacob won’t know what hit him! I- oh, sorry.” She furrowed her brow, remembering her mission. Holding out the handkerchief proudly to Maria, she announced beaming, “Something borrowed.”

Seeing Armelle, Veronique and Elise hovering to the side, Liyya gave a friendly wave, "Hello!"
Back to top Go down
Elise Monticelli
Guest Character
Elise Monticelli

Character

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:13 am

Elise stood quietly by the window, gazing out of the window and watching out for the arrival of Helene to no avail. It was really silly of her to be too worried with a woman she barely knew as if she'd arrive and sweep Julian off to insanity again. But no more, it wasn't right to think of Julian and Helene when it's the day for Jacob and Maria.

The Italian sat down on the sill, careful not the wrinkle her dress. She watched the group of friends that stood chatting, amusedly recalling anecdotes that Julian had shared about them. Idly removing her eyes away from them, Elise looked out by the window once more, not to watch the people approaching but to watch the clear sky on that spring day.

A fleck amongst the clouds blocked her neat view of a clover shaped cloud and Elise moved to wipe it away. But the fleck grew larger, and all to suddenly it began to take form. She stood up, concentrating on the image until she realized that it was a man riding a broom who looked at lot like...

"Julian!" she nearly exclaimed, so surprised to see the best man across the window. She kept herself in check though, her exclamation coming out as a mere gasp. Glancing over to where the ladies were chatting, she opened the window and took a closer look.
Back to top Go down
Julian Auriole
Main Character
Former Eau
Julian Auriole

Total Posts : 125

Character
Job: Musician

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 4:48 am

"Faye," Julian said in a voice that suggested urgency. He hovered by the window, thanking his lucky stars that he spotted Faye and Faye spotted him. And where Faye is, so would Maria be.

"Maria and I need to talk," he continued in earnest, stepping on the windowsill where Elise had sat on earlier. Knowing how Dianna ordered all the men not to go about seeking the bride, Julian was prepared to have his head cut off later on by the therapist, so long as he gets to talk to his bestfriend.

Ignoring whatever look of surprise crossed the faces of the ladies inside, Julian stepped off the sill and onto the carpeted floor of the room, striding towards Maria, his tied dangling haphazardly around his neck. Pausing breathlessly in front of the stunning bride, Julian gave her his familiar rougish grin and proceeded to recite an impromptu poem.

"I'm here to give you something blue,
But I have to confess something to you.
Will you come with me?
Go out and see
What I consider in myself to be true?"

And without another word, Julian took Maria's hand and pulled her out of the room. It was a miracle how he didn't lost his tie during the flight.
Back to top Go down
http://julianauriole.livejournal.com
Maria Doloresta-Daniels
Main Character
Former Eau
Maria Doloresta-Daniels

Character

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 5:12 am

Smiling, and reaching out for the proffered handkerchief, “Thank you, Liyya. That’s very thoughtful of you.” She said warmly knowing how stressed Dianna must have been to have the younger woman running this way and that to find the customary items. The English witch had been stressed lately, caused by a flu bug she had claimed was sapping her energy and made her more tired than usual. The former Eau hoped fervently that her friend would feel better tonight.

Maria had turned to ask the rather quiet Elise how much they had left, when she caught sight of her favourite blonde rascal,

“Julian! You’re not supposed to be in here—” she gasped, as he reached for her wrist and recited a pretty ditty for her that made her giggle and allowed him to pull her from the room, much to the surprise of the other women.

Catching Liyya’s uncertain gaze Maria begged, “Please don’t tell Dianna!” before Julian had yanked her away completely.
Back to top Go down
Helene Noelle
Main Character
Former Ciel
Helene Noelle

Total Posts : 7

Character
Job: Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 2:32 pm

Well, hopefully she wasn't underdressed, although on such short notice it was the best Helene could do. She was so happy for Maria and Jacob, even more she was invited to a wedding!
Guided by a servant, she made her way up the stairs to a closed door, idly wondering what Maria's wedding dress would be like, how wonderfully happy they would be, and knocked once or twice.

She heard women's voices, and smiled, eager to see old school friends again, possibly the first time since she had left-- the second time. Tucking a piece of curled hair behind an ear, she fixed a smile upon her face and resolved to be filled with nothing but happiness.
Back to top Go down
Elise Monticelli
Guest Character
Elise Monticelli

Character

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:48 am

Elise can only watch in confusion while Julian strode across room towards Maria and promptly 'stole' her off to where Merlin knows. The last words she caught from the bride Elise took rather seriously, following after the pair until she reached the door and saw them down the hallway. The young woman immediately closed the door behind them lest Dianna arrived and found out about the abduction.

Silly Julian, what was he thinking? A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts and. Elise wondered if it was Dianna, but she knew the witch would not find it necessary to knock before entering. Assuming it was a guest, Elise opened the door once more, and her breath got caught in her throat.

Outside stood someone she thought was Helene Noelle, but she couldn't be so sure. It struck her as funny now how all day she had been watching out for the arrival of this woman, and yet she didn't know what she really looked like. Pictures of her were rare, and she never really liked looking at them. Therefore Elise couldn't tell if this woman was Helene, and for some reason, she didn't want to ask.

Nevertheless, she had to. "Um, hello..," she hesitantly greeted the woman.
Back to top Go down
Maria Doloresta-Daniels
Main Character
Former Eau
Maria Doloresta-Daniels

Character

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 4:31 am

"Sometimes you're too harsh on him Di. He meant well really..." came Maria's attempts to soothe the witch's ruffled feathers, "Julian's can be a real sweetheart."

The brunette re-entered the room, ready to give herself up to more primping and last minute flourishes before the ceremony. Already she could hear the sound of soft chatter floating up from the grounds of her grandmother's summer house.

"Hello." Maria greeted the other ladies with a shy smile, as she lifted her full skirts to mount the stool, giving everyone a small flash of the lace garters she had been made to wear.

As she turned to face the front, the brunette caught sight of no one other than Helene. With a happy cry, the bride reached down to embrace the school mate, and one of Julian's many ex-lovers.

"So you managed to come after all!" Maria said with a pleased smile, "Jacob will be so happy to see you. You've kept yourself away for far too long- longer than those two," she gave a nod in Armelle and Veronique's direction.
Back to top Go down
Armelle Champney
Main Character
Former Terre
Armelle Champney

Character

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 12:09 am

Armelle let out a small chuckle when the bride was taken away by her best friend. She had no idea what was up with that, but she had the upmost trust in Julian and that he would never do anything truly stupid. There was nothing to do now but await the bride's return so that Armelle could continue to fawn over her beautiful dress and talk about all things wedding.

It wasn't that long before a small knock came from the other side of the door. Armelle knew that Maria would not be knocking on the door to her own dressing room, so it was fair to say that the former Terre was curious to see who it could be. Was it another person she did not know, or could it be a former classmate?

No matter how much she hypothesized Armelle would never had guessed that the person behind door number one was none other than Helene Noelle. A very unlady like squeal of excitement came from the small frame of the red head. But then again, when was Armelle ever a lady? "Helene!"She called out before she took the long lost friend into her arms for a hug.

Mere moments after the arrival of Helene, Maria was once again among their ranks. Armelle chuckled again at Maria's joke about her own disappearing act after school. "Well I'm here now, what more do you want?" She asked in a merry voice.
Back to top Go down
Helene Noelle
Main Character
Former Ciel
Helene Noelle

Total Posts : 7

Character
Job: Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 5:30 am

A woman Helene did not recognize answered the door, but before she could smile and give a tentative 'Hello' Maria appeared from somewhere and Helene felt her face break out into a genuine smile. "Maria, Armelle, Veronique!" she laughed, hugging all of them.
"I know, it's been a long time-- thank you for inviting me-- you look so beautiful! Your dress is lovely..." This last remark was really extended to everyone, as they all looked ready to have the time of their lives, as it should be.

A wave of nervousness engulfed her as Maria mentioned Julian's name, but... what could she do?

"Yes, what can I help with?" enquired, echoing Armelle.
Back to top Go down
Maria Doloresta-Daniels
Main Character
Former Eau
Maria Doloresta-Daniels

Character

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:35 pm

“No need, I think.” she said, nevertheless thanking the ladies for their offers as Dianna reached up to secure the delicate veil over her dark curls.

Maria laughed, giving a small twirl as the light-headed, giddy feeling seemed to descend upon her. She was a jumble of emotions. Happiness, sadness, excitement, apprehension…all her feelings let loose, climbing over and contradicting one another.

“Do I look all right?” she couldn’t help asking once more, wanting to make sure that she was at her absolute best for Jacob.

“You look beautiful.”

The brunette turned at the soft, male voice to see her father by the doorway decked out in a new suit of muted blue— a change from his usual black.

“Papa.” Maria smiled, holding her hands out to him as he crossed the room towards her. In the flickering sunlight, the grey hairs threaded through those of dark brown seemed obvious, more apparent. Had he always been this old?

“You clean up pretty nicely yourself.” She teased, hoping to lighten the mood, less the veil of silence descend upon them. Richard Doloresta had never been a man of many words.

“Is everything set?” the witch enquired, trying to peek behind his shoulder at the rows and rows of chairs lined up on the lawns below for the ceremony, “Is it really time?”

“We’ve got a minute to spare.” Her father responded quietly, his eyes still transfixed upon his daughter draped in white. Her question echoed in his mind. Was it really time?

“I have…something to give you.” Richard said, before slowly reaching into his breast pocket to draw out a length of pearls that seemed to glimmer in the light. A spark of recognition lit in Maria’s eyes, something the wizard caught and nodded, “Your mother’s.”

They didn’t mention the late Marie Doloresta that often. It was a subject that seemed to hurt the old man who Maria noticed overtime, had loved her very much. When her mother died, a part of Richard seemed to have gone with her.

Maria felt the smooth texture of the pearls rest at the hollow of her throat as her father gently did the clasp.

“Something old,” she whispered, reaching up to touch it as if in a dream.

Richard reached up to gently lift the veil so that it descended over his daughter’s face. He cleared his throat, as if debating the ways in which he could pose his thoughts into words.

“Jacob…”

“Oh! Did you see him, papa? Is he down there already?” Maria tried to get another peek over her father’s shoulder but he blocked the way. She bit her lip, glancing down at her dress, “Will he like it? Maybe it’s too girly for him…not that I can do anything about it now, but still…did you see him? How is he?”

Her very reaction was enough to stop Richard from finishing his question. He had meant to ask if Maria was sure, if Jacob loved her half as much as she loved him. But why should he? It was obvious enough.

And so with a soft smile, he simply responded, “He’s waiting for you.”
Back to top Go down
Armelle Champney
Main Character
Former Terre
Armelle Champney

Character

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:03 pm

In all the excitement Armelle completely lost track of time. Soon it looked as if the bride was all ready to walk down the aisle. The only problem was that by her count three girls were missing from the audience were missing from the audience and they needed to be there before Maria took that fateful trip.

"Well I'm off to take my seat," She said joyously to her white clad friend, "And you two should join me," this she directed towards her friends that were also just guests. There was also the woman she hadn’t caught the name of, but Armelle didn’t really know her role in this whole wedding thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not   Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting Cold Feet? Hope Not
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
After BBA :: Normandie :: The Wedding Of Maria & Jacob-
Jump to: